Aston Martin's state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The purpose of the role is to deliver Dimensional Control targets and coordinate all exterior and interior dimensional variation activities
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Represent Dimensional Control attribute and organise analysis proposals, methods and reporting in line with product development process
- Coordinate the development of concept location strategies to ensure datum, locator and tolerances are developed in line with project timing and to the required standards
- Complete competitor vehicle benchmark investigations and studies
- Maintain and control Dimensional Control target and simulation report documents
- Evaluate alternative engineering solutions to provide numerical / visual understanding of the impact of dimensional control inputs
- Provide key engineering support for the Optical Quality process to drive a coordinated engineering response to the styled surface releases
- Participate in other attribute based activities to represent the requirements of Dimensional Control throughout the design and development process
Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering Degee in Mechanical, Automotive, Aeronautical or similar fields
- Background in automotive engineering through degree or professional experience
- Experience working in Dimensional management, Dimensional Control, or Dimensional Variation Analysis
- Proficiency in performing 1D Tolerance Stacks.
- Proficiency in the use of 3D Tolerance Analysis software (VisVSA).
- Understanding of the application of probability statistics and process control.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deal with high levels of uncertainty
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to integrate into a developing and dynamic team
- Keen to take on challenges
- Must have a proactive and positive approach to work
- Experience in managing multiple tasks and delivering them to demanding targets and tight deadlines
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple demands and have strong attention to detail.
- Good facilitator, problem solver and able to police systems and encourage compliance.
- Experience of software related to dimensional control (e.g. Aesthetica and/or Showcase)
- Familiarity with Teamcentre and NX
- Proficiency in interpretation and application of GD&T.
- Good general IT skills and ability to learn and advocate new tools and methods.