Posted: 30 days ago
Expires in: 0 days
Desktop Motor Claims Engineer
Auto Accident Claims are a motor claims insurance organisation based in Basildon and we are seeking an experienced Motor Desktop Engineer or Body Shop Estimator.
You will be office based providing engineering services to the motor claims department. With particular focus on correct use of repair methodology; repair cost control and validation of vehicle damage in line with incident circumstances and policy cover.
Hours are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Reviewing estimates and images for repair, agreeing repair methods and negotiating costs to control and minimize repair costs on our customers behalf
- Production of reports, estimates, authorisation and direction of repairs, together with valuation of vehicles.
- Valuing, processing and recording total loss vehicles ready for settlement.
- Instruction of vehicle salvage.
- Identifying discrepancies with accident damage and incident circumstances to identify potentially exaggerated or fraudulent claims
- Resolving valuation disputes and providing technical advice to support the processing of external engineers reports and updates
- Liaise an update Repairers/Policyholders/Third Parties or their representatives as appropriate
- Provide technical advice and support to other areas of the business
- Maintain a professional image of the company
- Pro-actively manage daily work load.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with repairers and intermediaries to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent customer service through strong internal and external relations
- To deliver daily targets provided by the management to ensure that performance standards are met.
- To improve efficiency and ensure all KPI`s are met
- Monitor repair work and activities of repairers to assist Repair Network Manager with audits and maintenance of the network.
- Assisting with initial telephone enquiries and maintenance of engineering mailbox if required
- Knowledge of Glassmatix, Audatex & Thatcham Escribe
- Working background in the motor vehicle body repair industry
- A good knowledge of motor vehicle technology and the effects this can have on vehicle repair
- Working knowledge of private car and light commercial vehicles is essential
- Some knowledge of HGV’s, Coaches, Agricultural plant and machinery is desirable but not essential
- Experience of carrying out physical and desktop inspections / assessments
- PC Literate
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and trends in the industry
Desired Qualifications (current or historic)
- Professional Motor Engineer qualifications ( IAEA and or ATA VDA)
- City & Guilds or NVQ (Motor Vehicles)
- Membership of IMI
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com